Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Gift bag

Hi everyone, I was at a loose end yesterday morning so decided to have a go at decorating a bag.


For this I measured the size of the bag and cut a piece of white card so it fits leaving a small border, inking the edges before putting onto the bag. After trimming a decorative paper I inked the edges and placed this on my first layer. I chose contrasting decorative papers to make the borders running across the bag, again inking the edges before placing onto my previous layer. I then made a topper from another piece of decorative paper, matting it onto pearlised card. I added a tag with a sentiment, which I threaded ribbon through to attach to my topper. I used foam pads to attach the topper to give a little more dimension. I added flowers, card candi and a die cut butterfly to finish.

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog, all comments are appreciated. x

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sheila. A lovely way to give a gift.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag, lovely soft colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bag Sheila, I bought some of these to make but haven't done any yet.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful bag - a gift in itself!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous Sheila, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous bag Sheila, I love the fresh colours and pretty papers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colors and the candi gave the illusion of brads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous bag Sheila, lovely and summery x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I love the light colours and soft look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful bag Sheila, lovely summery colours hinting at what weather might be to come. A 'happy' make. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete